1. Problem Statement
During the past few years, severe rockfalls had occurred during heavy rainfall endangering road users at the bottom of the cliff. This has become a recurrent problem and on several occasions the road had to be closed and traffic diverted through Baie du Cap Chamarel Case Noyal Road (B104).
2. Project Location
The site is located along the Black River Savanne Cost Road (B9) at Maconde.
The aim of the project is to stabilize the Maconde cliff over a length of 500m and make the road Black River Savanne Cost Road (B9) at Maconde safe for road users.
4. Scope of works
The Scope of Works of the project is as follows:
1. Design of rock nets including liability for the whole assembly;
2. Removal of loose rocks located in the area to be implemented by rock nets and carting away;
3. Procurement and complete installation of rock nets (approximately 3,600m2) with all necessary fittings, cables, anchors, etc. as per drawings
4. Traffic Diversion and /Management Scheme; and
5. Any other works as detailed in the bid documents.